Saturday 23 February 2013

Time For Change...?

In July time I posted about having to have a Colposcopy done, following an abnormal smear.. I don't think I mentioned it, but following this procedure, I had bled constantly non stop for months, days even!
It felt like it was going on forever, I had been back and forth to doctors, was treated twice for an infection, I've had bloods and scans and still the doctors are baffled..

I had bloods done in November 2012, everything came back normal, except that my hormone levels were slightly high. But I said it can't be "normal" because I am still bleeding, to which she decided to send me off for a scan to see what was going on, they said that again everything was normal except the lining was a little thick.. Still, no help!!
Well, they eventually sent me off to the hospital for further examinations. I had the appointment on the 12th February, it was awful. I bled, everywhere :( was sooo embarrassing, but least they realized there was a problem, so they had booked me in for the 20th to put me to sleep, they decided they wanted to do another Colposcopy because they cancelled my follow up appointment in January 2013, do a Hysteroscopy and a Endometrial Biopsy, they also wanted to put the coil in, but I wasn't so sure at first, but they said I had till the 20th to make my mind up. I agreed, because it needed to be done.
I had given consent for them to do:
Smear, Colposcopy, Hysteroscopy, Endometrial Biopsy, D&C and the fitting of the coil.
I have to say, since having all that done on Wednesday, I have hardly bled since :) but I am feeling the side effects of the cramping, and spotting, but hopefully now, things will die down a little and things can change.

I didn't really want to have the coil fitted, because i do wanna have kids more than anything, but given the current situation and circumstances, I need to get to the bottom of why I am/have been bleeding so much for so long.. Will be soo glad to get things back to normal again :)

All that I have to do now is wait for the results, and I am hoping they wont take too long to come in!
Fingers Crossed..

No comments:

Post a Comment